Vilas Shinde, Chairman, Sahyadri Farms
The seeding of “SFPCL-Sahyadri farms” happened in Nashik in 2011 with the simple intention of ensuring a fair return to the farmers and with the quality produces reaching to the end users. Sahyadri was a movement, to uplift the farmers and to get them their righteous due. Organizations talk about CSR as one of their activities but we at Sahyadri converted the entire organization as CSR and it became a movement!!!
The idea behind the entire movement was to buy all the F&V produce offered by them under the food safety standards. The primary objective was to provide the best of infrastructure and adequate production and processing facilities to the farmers who could not secure a good produce due to frugality of resource and operations.
The movement was to develop first of its kinds branded traceable product-mix that would promote sustained growth and that we could cater with the best to the Indian Consumers too, by offering them quality products at fair prices, and to do so by achieving economies of scale and costs. This movement was driven on Farmer producer model that would play an ever increasing role in the rural economy, providing gainful employment to large numbers of farmers and allied.
A structure, owned by farmers that would, with time, be the farmers “best friend”... And the intention was that the highest levels of consumer confidence would be reposed in the brand called Sahyadri...by ‘Seeding Goodness’.
To be a leading Farmer Producer Company (FPC) with the power to bridge the gap between the rural and urban communites;
- By making farming a profitable & sustainable business for all our farmers and
- By providing safe, healthy , affordable - farm produce and value added products to our consumers
Whilst caring for the environment , empowering our stakeholders and strengthening the economy.
Sahyadri Farms is a trusted, value driven and professionally managed Farmer Producer Company (FPC) of the farmers, by the farmers, for the farmers.
Sahyadri Farms aims to make farming profitable and sustainable by;
- Assuring the best possible realiza?on for all farm produce under all circumstances,
- Optimal utilization of available resources, as well as reducing overall costs at the farm level and also throughout the value chain,
- Effective financial and risk management,
- Mentoring the farmers to increase quality and productivity as per global standards using enhanced technology,
- Effective Post Harvest Management.
- Developing a robust supply chain, which promises traceable, safe, healthy, affordable - farm produce and value added products, from farm to plate .
- Building respectable relationships with the environment, employees and all other stakeholders
- Knowledge driven